I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster award! I’m so grateful to Undergroundvoices for the nomination; it is incredibly encouraging and exciting =D
I have been tasked now to answer 10 questions put to me by Undergroundvoices, come up with 10 new questions of my own and (the best part!) send the nomination along to 10 of my fellow bloggers. I’ll start with the best part first:
And the nominees are:
Your questions, should you choose to accept them, are:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your favorite story (book, movie, tv show, etc)?
- How happy are you that summer is over?
- What would you do with a time machine?
- If you had to choose one food to eat, once a day, every day, what would it be?
- What is your favorite way to kill ‘downtime’?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you could choose any super power, which would you choose?
- If you are writing a book, what is it about? OR If you’ve ever thought of writing a book, what would it be about?
- What would be the most difficult thing for you to give up if asked to by God?
And last, but not least, for the answers to Undergroundvoices’s questions:
1. On a scale from 1-10, how much do you enjoy running?
That depends on who’s chasing me and if I’m winning. For example, running from the cops would be a 2-3, while running from my responsibilities is more like a 6-7. Running for recreational purposes though, probably a solid 2.
2. If you could go back and time and live in any decade of the 20th century, which would it be and why?
It’s so difficult to choose… I might have to cheat here, start in 1910, and work my way through. Probably during WW1 or WW2, depending on where I could help the most. Or the 60s so I could meet the Monkees.
3. What is one embarrassing memory you have from adolescence?
Only one?! Probably the fact that I was such a gigantic Star Wars fan. Episode 2 was my favorite movie. I re-watched it the other night with my husband and it was pretty painful to recall how obsessed I was with it.
4. What is one important factor that has shaped your beliefs / outlook on life?
God’s grace. That is, in a nutshell, what got me through all of my yesterdays and what will get me through all my tomorrows. And I couldn’t make it through today without it.
5. What is one stupid movie you’ve seen and enjoyed against your better judgment?
Strange Brew. It’s sort of the Canadian version of Dumb and Dumber and it makes me laugh, though it probably shouldn’t.
6. How do you feel about social media in general (other than blogging), banal or beneficial?
I think it can be beneficial if taken in moderation and not as a substitute for real fellowship.
7. If you could be doing anything in the world right now, what would it be?
Riding the London Eye with my husband.
8. In the event of the apocalypse / total economic meltdown (because really, how often do people get stranded on deserted islands?), what three vegetables (yes vegetables) would you bring?
The ornery part of me wants to say corn chips… Um… Broccoli, carrots, and squash, because my recent google search revealed them to be among the healthiest.
9. Is there extraterrestrial life?
I really, really, hope so. The Bible doesn’t say there is, but neither does it say there isn’t.
Personally, I doubt it, but it would be so cool!
10. What is your favorite cartoon from back in the day, and would you be willing to transport yourself into it?
Either Looney Toons or Winnie the Pooh. No to Looney Toons, but yes to being part of Pooh Bear’s world.
Once again, thank you so much to Undergroundvoices for the award and the awesome questions (seriously, extremely creative, nicely done!)! And God bless to all my fellow bloggers!