Despite the fact that I’ve been out of the game for a few several weeks, (not entirely my fault! I’m preparing for a cross country move!) I have been very kindly nominated for my second Liebster Award! Many thanks to the wonderful Writefury for the nomination!
Here are the questions I was tasked with answering:
What is your favorite unusual name?
Oh boy. Funny you should ask. I’m obsessed with names, the more unusual the better! I can’t even pick a favorite… But here are the top two of the moment: I’ve always wanted boy/girl twins and should the Lord bless me that way, I would love to name the girl Mercy and the boy Justus.
What is your favorite book of the Bible?
Song of Solomon. I know that’s an unusual (even slightly dirty) choice, but it’s the book God used to first begin showing me how much He loves me.
What would be your superhero name?
Squirrel Girl (I know that one’s already taken, but seriously, what an awesome super hero name)
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint Chocolate Chip, but only the Breyers version, with white ice cream, not green.
What’s your favorite song to sing when you’re alone?
That’s a tricky one since it depends on my mood… but usually anything by ELO.
If you were to play an instrument (not counting ones you already play) what would it be?
The Bagpipes, no question.
What new US State would you like to go to and what would you like to see?
I’ll go with Texas, to see Houston. Mainly cuz I’m moving there and so don’t have a choice. May as well make it on purpose.
What new country would you like to go to and what would you like to see?
England! To see… everything, basically.
What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Fall daylight savings. There are no manipulative guilt-trips from stores telling you to spend money on stuff people won’t even like. There are no dishes to clean after a day of preparing a huge meal. There’s no need to stress about cards and parties and dresses and making sure everybody has a nice day. There’s just that sweet awareness that when the 6 o’clock alarm rings, it’s really only 5, and you can roll over and go back to sleep.
If you could live in a fiction book world, which one would it be?
Dang. Toughest question of the lot. I’m planning a fantasy book for a few years down the road and the world I’m envisioning for it has me all excited. So I think I’ll pick that one.
Kudos on the questions, they were a lot of fun! Here are the ones I plan to spring on my unsuspecting nominees:
- What’s one thing you’ve made that you’re most proud of?
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- If you could completely forgive one person in your life, who would it be?
- Would you rather live in your dream house in a less than ideal location, or in your dream location in a less than ideal house?
- What’s your favorite Bible story and why?
- What’s your idea of the perfect vacation?
- If you could spend the day with one author, living or dead, who would it be?
- If you could change one thing about your physical appearance would you, and if so, what would it be?
- What one, random skill do you secretly wish you could master?
- In your best estimation, where is Waldo?
And the nominees are….. (*Drum roll*)
Thanks again to Writefury and to all my kind, patient readers who are hanging in there with me through the move!